Shoot, Edit, Share is an interactive, accessible introduction to video production techniques, concepts, and terminology. With the increasing availability of reasonably priced video equipment, many students and professionals want to learn the basics of video production without being overwhelmed by technical details and equipment lists. Covering preproduction, production, editing in post, and distribution, this book shows you the right way to produce video quickly and effectively for a range of clients, from commercial firms to community service organizations.
Key features include:
- A companion web site including video interviews with professionals that demonstrate and improve techniques covered within the book;
- Service-learning exercises that engage readers in real-world learning experiences, encouraging them to interact with their communities and new clients;
- Clear, easy to follow and heavily illustrated guides for the entire equipment and processes that go into video production;
- Focus on creating stories for a target audience, and building convincing and engrossing narrative through videos;
- A thorough breakdown of the entire techniques needed in post-production, through editing, well-designed graphics, and quality sound;
- A best-practices guide to viral videos, sharing video content online and increasing its exposure on social media sites;
- QR codes all through the book, that when scanned, demonstrate video techniques and concepts related to what used to be read.